The functional plant fibres are the ideal ingredient to optimize meat as well as meat substitute products. The technological, economic and nutritional properties of plant fibres from our manufacturing partner CFF (https://www.cff.de/de/Produkte/SANACEL) are convincing thanks to their versatile applications.
In our broad portfolio you will find e.g. wheat fibres, oat fibres, bamboo fibres, sugar cane fibres, apple fibres as well as pea fibres in various particle sizes. Highly functional fibre blends developed for very specific applications, such as fat substitutes, round out the overall offering. Conventional as well as BIO qualities of most fibre types are available.
But what makes plant fibres so special? They are natural dietary fibres and help you to perfect your products. In addition, they are odourless, tasteless, temperature-stable and pH-stable, which makes them much easier to use in your products. The allergen-free plant fibres are GMO-free and can be declared as a food ingredient without an E-number.
Plant fibres are extremely versatile in meat and meat substitute products. Whether in salami, kebabs, sausages, minced products or meat balls – any meat product can be optimized thanks to plant fibres.
- Improvement of texture, consistency and shape stability
- Prevention of water leakage
- Higher water and oil binding capacity
- Longer juiciness
- Improved freeze-thaw stability
- Easier workability
- Significant reduction of weight loss in smoked meat and sausage products
- Prevention of syneresis
- Safer and faster drying process
- Positive effect on the minimum shelf life of the end products
- Reduction of frying loss
- Reduction of cooking losses
- Higher yield
- Cost saving due to less use of meat and/or fat
- Reduction of losses due to frying & evaporation
- Source of fibre
- Fat substitute
- Calorie reduction “light” or “low-fat” products
- Meat substitutes, less meat consumption
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
The dosage depends on the selected plant fibre, the fibre length and the desired effect. In general, the dosage recommendation is between 3 – 7% whereby an additional addition of water is necessary.
For many applications we have sample formulations, which we are happy to share with you. The recipes target a specific challenge in a specific application (e.g. fat reduction in chicken nuggets).
Because of their high functionality, plant fibres are the perfect ingredient to solve challenges and optimize products in meat and meat substitute applications.